Starting to Dream of Ideas

The first day I pulled up to the house, I had one thought:  "The house needs shutters."

Ever since I was taught the intricacies of shutter etiquette several years ago (while researching shutters for a previous house), I am a HUGE shutter snob and have since frustrated my sister by showing her the proper way to have shutters.  She tells me she can't NOT see bad shutters now.  Frankly, I know the feeling!

For a quick Good vs. Bad, you can visit here...

https://www.oldhouseguy.com/shutters-good-vs-bad-examples/

But I knew instantly that if I got the house, I would add shutters.  Of course, I LOVE the idea of adding real wood, operable shutters like are viewed in the original 1874 photo, but the reality is they will probably be the "bad" version plastic.  But regardless, the house NEEDS shutters!

Check out those OPERATING shutters!  Four of the windows are closed off much like curtains!
My Cleveland house was transformed simply by shutters as was the Charlack house.

But I am starting to play around with aesthetic design ideas.  The home really could be charming!  It makes me wonder what colors the house was originally painted with.  Tan and green?  Brown and tan?  White and black?  Who knows?!

Before with no shutters.
After with shutters and a complement to the white and black!  Much more inviting.  Such a simple change.
It's going to be a lot of work, but the house wants to shine!

Comments

Popular Posts